Peppers stuffed with rice and vegetables are a light and nutritious dish that will perfectly complement the fasting, dietary, everyday and even festive menu. The dish turns out to be low-calorie (about 100 kcal per 100 g) and at the same time incredibly useful. And even a novice cook can cook stuffed pepper with vegetables and rice according to our recipe. After all, it contains not only an accurate list of products and a complete description of the process, but also photos that accompany each step.
This dish is perfect for vegetarians or fasting people, as well as for those who are on a diet, wanting to get rid of extra pounds, but cannot deny themselves the pleasure of eating something delicious.
Before you start cooking delicious stuffed peppers, you should learn a couple of tips for the perfect dish:
For stuffing, you can take both bell peppers and paprika of different colors.
- The final aroma and taste directly depends on the variety of culture, some varieties have more pronounced characteristics, others less.
- If suddenly the pepper is bitter – leave the fruits for 10-15 minutes in cold water, the bitterness will go away.
- It is best to choose peppers of the same size for even and simultaneous cooking.
- Rice must be boiled until half cooked, otherwise during further heat treatment it will turn into porridge.
- When choosing dishes in which the dish will be stewed, preference should be given to pots with a thick bottom and high walls.
- You can use any spices, not only salt and black pepper, but also various spices.
- In addition to carrots and onions, other vegetables can be added to the filling, such as cabbage, pumpkin, eggplant, as well as mushrooms or beans.
Despite the absence of meat, both adults and children will like this dish. In any case, you can additionally serve cutlets, goulash or even regular sausages. Always cook with pleasure and do not be afraid to experiment.
Step by step method
Let's prepare the vegetables first. We wash and clean everything. Finely chop the onions, three carrots on a grater.
Wash the rice under running water and boil it until half cooked. Next, overcook half the onions and carrots. Mix rice and overcooked vegetables.
We remove the middle with seeds from the pepper, trying not to destroy the integrity of the walls. We fill the blanks with the resulting mixture as tightly as possible and put them in a saucepan.
Fry the second part of the vegetables together until soft. Then add finely chopped tomatoes or tomato paste and simmer a little. We spread the frying in a saucepan, add water so that it covers everything. Salt to taste. You can add bay leaf and other spices.
We put on a slow fire and after boiling simmer for 20 minutes. We let it brew under the lid and can be served as an independent dish or addition to meat. It is best to eat such peppers with sour cream.