Don’t know what to cook with canned fish? Maybe fish soup?
Recipes for soups with canned food are very simple and do not require much time. This is exactly what you need for a large family. Both canned food in oil and in tomato are suitable.
This delicious soup takes less than an hour to prepare. It is both light and bulky at the same time. Such a soup will warm you in winter, and in summer it can be eaten cold. The food combination here is very light and fresh.
Canned fish soup is especially good because it does not require any culinary skills. It is enough to follow the recipe to get the perfect dish the first time.
However, you need to know some features:
- Canned fish is a ready-to-eat product, so you should add it to the soup at the very end, the pieces of fish will remain intact.
- Canned food contains a lot of salt, so you need to salt the soup after adding the fish.
- When buying canned food, be sure to pay attention to the expiration date and integrity of the jar. A poor-quality product will spoil the taste and harm health.
- From smoked canned fish, a very tasty pickle is obtained. For the preparation of other soups, it is better to take ordinary ones in oil.
- As you know, in a tin, in addition to fish, there is still quite a lot of marinade. It can also be safely added to soup. This will make the fishy taste more intense.
- In addition to rice, barley, millet, barley or coarse wheat groats can be used. But buckwheat can kill the taste of fish.
- Experiment with vegetables too. For example, add white cabbage, you get a variation of cabbage soup on fish broth.
As you can see, from an ordinary jar of canned fish, you can cook not only sandwiches or a salad, but also a complete meal for the whole family. And the taste of such soups is in no way inferior to a real ear.
Step by step method
In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil, throw in the onion, cut into medium cubes, chopped garlic and carrots (frozen, you can not defrost). Fry until the onion is golden brown.
Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes or cubes and send to the pan for frying.
Open the canned food (it is best to choose a sardine, but you can use any) and put the pieces of fish into the pan too.
Pour cold water two fingers above all ingredients. Let it boil. Salt to taste. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes (until the potatoes are fully cooked).
Just before the end of cooking, add pepper and bay leaf. Remove from stove after 10-15 seconds. Serve after another 10 minutes so that the first dish has cooled slightly. In summer, you can add fresh chopped dill to your plate.