One of the most common fruits for baking are apples. They make a very tasty filling, which gives the finished dish sweetness, and sometimes sourness, because it all depends on the variety chosen. Before the season of fresh fruits is over, it’s time to bake delicious fried apple pies for loved ones. Both children and all adults will be delighted with them.
The big plus is that fried pies cook faster and you can save a little time this way. The taste of fried pies is different than that of baked ones, but many people like the taste of fried pies. They turn out juicy and tasty.
The cooking process itself is very simple: all the ingredients are mixed in turn, the dough is kneaded, and after it suits, they form pies stuffed with apples and sugar, and fry them until cooked.
Please note that all products used for kneading the dough must be at the same (preferably room) temperature, and the yeast, in order for it to swell well, should never be poured with hot water (only slightly warm).
You will also find the following tips helpful:
- Yeast dough must be infused in a warm place for 40 minutes – 1 hour. This will help him rise and become lush. But if there is no time to wait, you can knead the dough on ordinary kefir.
- So that the apples do not darken, after slicing, pour the slices with lemon juice. It also gives a pleasant aftertaste.
- A very quick option is to use store-bought puff pastry for pies. For strong bonding, the edges of the pies are smeared with water or a beaten egg.
- Please note that the dough should not spread or be too steep. Knead the dough until it becomes soft. Add a little more flour if necessary. The main thing is not to “hammer” the dough itself with flour, otherwise the pies will not come out airy.
- In this recipe, it is important not to spare apples in the filling. You can lightly fry or stew in oil until soft, then sweeten and let cool.
- The skin from apples can not be peeled if summer varieties are used. Winter and autumn fruits have a dense skin, which is desirable to remove.
- In the recipe for fried apple pies, do not forget to add cinnamon, if you like, of course. With it, the taste turns out to be more interesting, the filling becomes very fragrant.
- In a well-heated oil, fried pies with apples are cooked in a pan quickly, so do not leave unattended – they can burn. And watch the amount of oil, in a dry frying pan they will not rise well and may not be fried.
- From the finished dough, you can make pies not only with apples. In summer, any berries and fruits are suitable, and in winter, delicious jam.
Step by step method
A few large apples are washed and peeled.
We cut into small cubes.
Dissolve yeast in one glass of warm water. Add 1 tbsp. sugar and flour to make a mass in the form of thick sour cream. Mix well and set the dough to rise 2-3 times. At this time, melt the margarine and cool.
Break the egg into the mixture.
Add vanilla and regular sugar, melted margarine, 1-2 tbsp. sunflower oil and flour (how much will take). Mix well so that the dough does not stick to your hands.
Put in a warm place to rise.
Punch down the dough that has increased in size and divide into small pieces in the form of balls.
We roll each ball into a round cake, put a chopped apple in the center.
Fry on both sides. Place on a paper towel to remove excess grease. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.